We are very excited about you registering your child at Porter Township Schools. This is an exciting beginning to a great journey for both you and your child as they progress with their formal education. Porter Township School Corporation is interested in your children being successful as they progress through school and when they graduate. It is not too early to think about your child’s future after graduation. Studies show that parents that begin to discuss college and future plans early with their child positively influence their child’s performance in school and success after graduation.
Porter Township School Corporation has an education foundation. Education Foundations are created to help support schools with student needs. The Porter Township Education Foundation’s mission is to enhance and improve the educational opportunities in Porter Township Schools. Each year the foundation awards up to six (6) scholarships to graduating seniors. These scholarships have been made possible by donations from individuals and companies throughout the years. It is our goal to maintain and expand the number of scholarships and awards available to graduates from Boone Grove High School.
- Fine Arts Scholarship – awarded to student(s) pursuing a career in drama, music, art and/or culinary arts;
- Health Field Scholarship – awarded to student(s) pursuing a career in health services;
- Keller Scholarship – awarded to student(s) pursuing a career in law enforcement or public safety;
- King Scholarship – awarded to student(s) pursuing a career in a collegiate golf team;
- Peterson Scholarship – awarded to student(s) pursuing a career in education; and
- Vocational Scholarship – awarded to student(s) pursuing a career in pursuing post-secondary education at a vocational institution.
I would like to invite you to invest in the future of our students with a small donation to the Porter Township Education Foundation now so we can have the opportunity to consider your child for a scholarship when he or she graduates from Boone Grove High School.
Stacey Schmidt, Superintendent